$90k – $120k + options*
Staance Engineering is a team-focused high-performance culture marked by creativity and hyper-productivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are immense, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build sophisticated systems that can support millions of people and engagements packaged in a deceptively simple end-product.
To be clear, we aren’t just developing an app; we are building an Android solution from the ground up. Internationally, Android dominates, and we want to take advantage of this. You will have the opportunity to the product from day one. The user experience is central to our brand and you will work with talented designers, and backend engineers to deliver a beautiful world-class product to the world.
Are you up for the challenge?
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment. You have some knowledge of or are eager to learn some backend technologies: Redis, Mongo, ElasticSearch.
- Results oriented. We are 100% user focused. This means that you will only build software that furthers user experience. You must always think in terms of results.
- Fearlessness. You see a working proof-of-concept as the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion for Android. You feel ownership over everything you ship and you love everything that Android stand for. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an tool consumed by our internal team, or a feature used by millions of users, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience.
- Employees are showered with attention.
- Offsite socials.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- The rare opportunity to work on a product with potential to impact how people all over the world discover and interact with today’s stories. We’re enabling real people to take a stand on the stories that matter to them, influencing real-world conversations – and hopefully outcomes!
- Everyone loves free food so while you’re in the office, food and drinks are complimentary.
- Catered lunches.
- Paid holidays.
- Medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it without duress or guilt.
We’re bringing Staance to every person in the world with local-focused stories and international expansion. We need brains, passion and energy to make it happen and to do it with style.