$140k + options*
Staance Engineering is a team-focused high-performance culture marked by creativity and hyper-productivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are immense, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build sophisticated systems that can support millions of people and engagements packaged in a deceptively simple end-product.
As a member of our back-end application team, you’ll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both influencers, hosts and users. This team is responsible for core business logic, which includes recommendation engines, content retrieval algorithms, handling and storing thousands of engagement actions, developing intelligent content creation tools that dazzle and scale, and ensuring that push and email notifications are reliable and effective.
As a Staance engineer, you will be immersed in everything we do. This is not a company with silos. You will never be put in a box. Instead, you’ll be exposed to an experience that sometimes feels like a technology and people-driven newsroom. Responding realtime to breaking events is a thrill.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Results oriented. We are 100% user focused. This means that you will only build software that furthers user experience. You must always think in terms of results.
- Fearlessness. You see a working proof-of-concept as the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an tool consumed by our internal team, or a feature used by millions of users, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience.
- Employees are showered with attention.
- Offsite socials.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- The rare opportunity to work on a product with potential to impact how people all over the world discover and interact with today’s stories. We’re enabling real people to take a stand on the stories that matter to them, influencing real-world conversations – and hopefully outcomes!
- Everyone loves free food so while you’re in the office, food and drinks are free.
- Catered lunches.
- Paid holidays.
- Medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it without duress or guilt.
We’re bringing Staance to every person in the world with local-focused stories and international expansion. We need brains, passion and energy to make it happen and to do it with style.
* Individual compensation based on qualifications.