$160k + options*
Staance seeks innovative data scientists prepared to take on interesting, even unique, challenges in algorithmic modeling and prediction.
Are you excited to take on cold start problems? Are you eager to engage in real-time, constantly evolving, sentiment data to help discover insights about the world today. Wonder how you could predict real-world outcomes from our ever-growing sentiment data set? When you have cracked the code, are you ready to move to a new challenge?
We are interested in a wide variety of backgrounds. Our interest and application areas include:
- Opportunity: Market segmentation and clustering
- Anomaly detection, regime change analysis, concept drift
- Machine learning, NLP, OCR, sentiment analysis
- Causal inference, propensity score matching, sequential testing
- Frameworks for scalable or streaming machine learning
If you are prepared to undertake challenges like these, we are eager to hear from you.
This role requires:
Innovation – Develop a new solution to a hard problem or identify and adapt a solution from another domain.
Implementation – Develop, test, deploy — you will work with engineers to take your results live.
Insight – You must be able to communicate analytical results with stakeholders and engineers.
Iteration – Be prepared to fail. Be prepared to stop when the problem is sufficiently solved. Iterate rapidly, be nimble, be strategic about risks.
Impact – Help Staance leverage your skills, domain expertise and leadership to empower people to speak out and be heard.
- Quantitative background. Preferably a PhD or master’s in a quantitative field, ideally involving exposure to statistics, machine learning, spatial statistics, high performance or distributed computing. BA/BS considered with significant work experience or exceptional aptitude.
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through — you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- Research mindset – ability to structure a project from idea to experimentation to prototype to implementation.
- Employees are showered with attention.
- Offsite socials.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- The rare opportunity to work on a product with potential to impact how people all over the world discover and interact with today’s stories. We’re enabling real people to take a stand on the stories that matter to them, influencing real-world conversations and, hopefully, outcomes!
- Everyone loves free food, so while you’re in the office, food and drinks are complimentary.
- Catered lunches.
- Paid holidays.
- Medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it without duress or guilt.
We’re bringing Staance to every person in the world with local-focused stories and international expansion. We need brains, passion and energy to make it happen and to do it with style.
* Individual compensation based on qualifications.